Bag2School is the UK’s leading textile recycler and fundraiser working with schools and since its inception in 2001 they have now paid out over £16 million.
By getting involved in our Bag2School collection, you have an opportunity to sort through your cupboards and wardrobes and donate unwanted textiles. Please refer to the list below for what can and what can’t be donated:
what can be included in the bags:
- Men’s, Ladies and Children’s clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Scarves and ties
- Soft toys
and what can’t be included:
- Duvets, bedding, blankets and household linen
- Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing*
- School uniforms
- Corporate clothing and work wear
- Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
A bag will be provided for your donation, if you fill your donation bag and you still have more then you can use any other bag to donate. We receive £500 per tonne or £0.50/kg which will be a great boost for our fundraising. In addition it will also raise awareness amongst the children of the benefits of recycling and reuse.