DBS (formerly CRB) Checks
Please note that DBS checks for our school are valid for 3 years and that all DBS holders must come into school at least once a term to keep the DBS check valid during this time.
If you would like to help in the classroom you need to have an enhanced DBS check. The check will remain current as long as you are able to help at least once per term and sign in as a volunteer helper at the main school office. The procedure for applying for a DBS check is as follows :
- Complete the online application form using VOLUNTEER CLASSROOM HELPER in the “position applied for” field.
- An admin fee of £7.75 is payable to the school following application (cheques payable to Cardinal Newman School).
- Bring in to school 3 pieces of ID for checking (see below). These must all be ORIGINAL documents and not photocopies or printed from the internet (e.g. downloaded online bank statements).
ID can be checked in school on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 9am and 3pm.
YOU MUST PROVIDE AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING :
- CURRENT VALID PASSPORT (any nationality)
- CURRENT DRIVING LICENCE (either UK or EU) – photocard driving licence is now valid on its own without the paper counterpart
- UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE (issued at time of birth)
AND TWO MORE PIECES OF ID WHICH CAN BE FROM THE LIST ABOVE OR FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:
- Photocard driving licence complete with paper counterpart (all countries)
- Current old-style paper Driving Licence (UK or EU) showing your current address
- UK Birth Certificate issued after the date of birth
- UK Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (this must be provided if you have changed your name following marriage)
- UK Mortgage Statement (or EEA) dated within the past 12 months (downloaded statements are not acceptable)
- UK Bank or Building Society Statement (or EEA) dated within the past 3 months (downloaded statements are not acceptable)
- UK Credit Card statement (or EEA) dated within the past 3 months (downloaded statements are not acceptable)
- UK P45/P60 statement dated within the past 12 months
- UK Council Tax Statement dated issued within the past 12 months
- UK Gas/Electricity/Water bill dated within the past 3 months (downloaded statements are not acceptable)
- UK landline (not mobile) telephone bill dated within the past 3 months
- UK Adoption Certificate
- UK HM Forces ID Card
- UK Fire Arms licence
- UK Pension/Endowment/ISA statement dated within the past 12 months
Subject to your 3 ID documents being accepted your application will be forwarded by the school to our Registered Body for approval.
If your DBS check is approved you will receive your disclosure certificate through the post. The school will also be notified that your application has been approved.
The online application form can be accessed here:
The school/organisation unique reference number is 9363919
The password is CRBcheck (case sensitive)
For guidance on how to complete the online form please click here. (If you have any queries about helping in school, please contact the school office.