Admissions 2025-2026 - Consultation
CONSULTATION ON ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR CARDINAL NEWMAN CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL FOR 2025-26 ACADEMIC YEAR
Notice is hereby given in accordance with legislation that the governing body as the admission authority for Cardinal Newman Catholic Primary School is formally consulting on its proposed admission arrangements for the school year 2025-26.
As an admission authority, the school is required to consult the following:
- Parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen;
- Other persons in the ‘relevant area’ (set by the Local Authority) who in the opinion of the school have an interest in the proposed admissions (e.g. local priests, other deanery Catholic schools, etc.);
- All other admission authorities within the ‘relevant area’;
- The Local Authority (LA);
- The Education Service of the Diocese of Arundel and Brighton.
The six-week (minimum) consultation will begin on 30/10/2023 with the closing date for submitting comments being 10/12/2023.
The proposed arrangements (admissions policy and supplementary information form (SIF) can be viewed on the school website: www.cardinalnewmanschool.co.uk. Alternatively, if you do not have access to the Internet and you wish to request a printed copy of the admissions arrangements and a response form, please contact Claire Madden at Cardinal Newman School.
Comments on the proposed admission arrangements should be sent to Cardinal Newman School by the closing date (latest midnight on 10/12/2023).
Note: The ‘relevant area’ is the area for a school (determined by its LA and then reviewed every two years) within which the admission authority for that school must consult all other prescribed schools on its admission arrangements.